Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Bad news from Paypal & a dog that made me laugh

So it seems that Paypal have labelled me a "Scam". The full fourlegged bellies in Niigata and Iwate can attest that I am not. If you were thinking of donating please do so at this link http://jears.org/ they are the group I am volunteering with.I will work out the issues that paypal have with my account but for the moment either donate above or hold onto the green.Thank you to all those who have donated thus far. Fortunately I had a lull in my donations and it seems the account was frozen after I had emptied it for the Costco trip.

Speaking of full bellies in northern Japan, how about this for a picture? The group got word of two dogs inside the exclusion zone that needed to be picked up. While nearing the area, the van driver spotted an old dog meandering in the street ahead. He was dizzy with hunger and as weak as they come. She had only brought travel crates for the two she knew she was going to pick up and the rest of the space was taken up by supplies.Obviously she wasn't going to "walk on by" so the old fella got loaded into the van where he literally thought he had died and gone to heaven. Having most likely not had a morsel to eat in the last two weeks and his gait verifying his compromised state, suddenly he was surrounded by a gift from the Gods a truck load of food. He lost control, not just a bit, but with every last sinew of muscle in his skinny body he launched himself at the supplies. Very little escaped his rapture! A complete and utter mess was created, soft food pouches were pierced and leaked everywhere several bags of dog food were ripped open and kibble littered the floor.I couldn't help chuckling to myself when organising the clean up, I mean can you imagine? talk about winning the lottery:-)



This was all intact before the "Inspections officer" got to it:-)




Fortunately very little went to waste, in total about half a bag of dog food. We used the opened bags and pouches with the animals already at the shelter and where feasible we taped up bags and sent them out again.

7 comments:

  1. Hehehehe, love it. Really what a lucky guy the "inspections officer" was.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You bring tears of joy to my eyes being such an outstanding human being! THANKS!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "What's in the bag?! I can't read! But Its BACONNNNNNNN!" The Beggin Strips dog could take lessons.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know Doug! That is one piece of video footage I would love to have:-) The doggie tried almost EVERYTHING in the back of that van. Even cans had some of their labels ripped, he was truly in pup paradise.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you G.I. san!...bashful smile...m(_ _)m

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh poor dear soul! I'm glad he got some heaven back there! And I laud you for keeping a good sense of humor about the mess he left!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Czilka, There was no other way to take it. It was pure precious!I still chortle each time I relive this in my mind's eye:-)

    ReplyDelete